Tuesday 16 May 2023

The Old Vic - slowly climbing

The garden moth list is now at 70 so slowly moving upwards but the temperatures were down to 5 C again last night. The run of Seraphims is keeping up, with up to three for the last four or five days. I checked my blog and I certainly haven't seen this many (or maybe any) Seraphims before.

Here's a few other light trap highlights from the last two days. 
 
Lime Hawkmoths- NFYs. 
Least Black Arches- don't get many of these here
Seraphim- enjoying the run of these
I'm pretty sure this is a Mottled Pug unlike the one I posted on the previous post 
6 of these out of the blue yesterday- Parsnip moth (I think) 
Not sure on this pug and getting a few of these indistinct jobs- maybe a worn Mottled? 
A nicely marked Muslin moth 
In the theme of early Spring moths showing in mid Spring which has been a feature this year, the Dotted Chestnut appeared this morning  

A few recent mini-zoo videos including the latest additions to the reef tank and the Emperor Scorpion moving around 

No comments: