Monday 22 May 2023

Otmoor RSPB

Did a couple of hours at Otmoor this morning. Ebird list HERE.  Highlights included 3 Common Crane, 9 Hobby feeding on dragonflies (Hairy Hawkers and Four-spot Chasers) over Greenaways, Curlews, Garden Warblers and Marsh Harrier.  

Garden Warbler was a year tick. Apparently I'm on 282 species this year HERE which includes trips to Az and Bulgaria. 

Common Crane (four to five birds on site currently) 
Hobby- there were up to 30 a couple of weeks ago but only 9 now 
Sedge Warbler
Azure Damselfly - loads of these in the sheltered areas. Also Hairy Hawkers and Four-spot Chasers and on the butterfly front Orange-tip, Speckled Wood, Painted Lady, Peacock, Large White and Brimstone.

2 comments:

Ken Noble said...

I clicked on the link to see your yearlist on eBird - and was surprised to see only 118 species listed. But then it dawned on me that it was showing me my yarlist! Not sure quite how you share your year list.

Peter Alfrey said...

Good point- seems like I can't share any of my personal lists and just public hot spot checklists
Will play around more to see if its possible