Friday 7 May 2021

Bulgaria day thirteen- a day in the city

Had to get my covid PCR test today in order to return back to UK on Sunday. Had to go to Varna city and queue and then wait most of the day for the results. While I was waiting I popped over to the raptor migration spot at Balchik- it was pretty quiet, just 2 Booted Eagle, a Short-toed Eagle, 4 Common Buzzard, 2 Sparrowhawk and a couple of Kestrel and most of them were flying around rather than migrating. 

I got a bit of birding in round the village in the evening.

Had Barn Owl calling from my bed last night.

Red-backed Shrike- always stunning to see. 
Booted Eagle
Balkan Wall Lizard at Balchik- species no 25 for the herping trip list 
Another shot of that Red-backed Shrike just because I didn't see much else today. 
View from the raptor view point at Balchik
The mighty karst steppe cliffs off Kamen Bryag 

No comments: