Wednesday 28 October 2020

Slim Pickings

I've been based at Holly's since the weekend. I almost headed west to Cornwall for a few days but decided instead to focus locally so I visited Oakley Airfield Ebird list here and Farmoor Reservoir Ebird list here. Highlights at Oakley were the Merlin again, the Golden Plover flock has increased to about 700 and I finally found Stonechats (3) in this area (a Wormingall area tick- 104 now). Farmoor was very quiet again, highlight was a county tick for me, a Treecreeper (now on 150 for Oxfordshire). 

It's been either too wet or too cold to bother putting the moth trap out but I had a few at Beddington before I headed this way including a few October specialities like Large Wainscot and Mallow. 

Red Kite
Stonechat- surprisingly the first ones I've found in this area 
Large Wainscot (above) and Mallow (below) 

No comments: