Sunday 10 October 2010

American Black Tern





The weather is awful here on Sao Miguel- the main Azorean island. I managed to have a look around Lagoa Azul and pyllo wood for a couple of hours this morning but saw nothing apart from fog, rain and four Eurasian Wigeon. I gave up in the end and came back to Ponta Delgada and an American Black Tern was flying along the sea front while I was looking for a restaurant.
This weather is bad- strong winds and fog. I heard David Lindo and Stuart Winter are stuck on Flores for the forth day and I am not sure if Pierre-Andre and Simon made it to Corvo- last I heard they were stuck on Faial.
Looks like this weather is scattering and dumping birders as well as birds.

4 comments:

wolfy said...

you need a good bottle of wine and a backgammon partner . . . hope the skies clear for you soon.

Peter Alfrey said...

I'm in the bar now! :-))

Darryl said...

Pierre must be on Corvo, Netfugl are quoting his Facebook page today re DC Cormorant. Good luck fella.

Peter Alfrey said...

I just heard from them now. They made it over on Saturday. The plane went to Corvo but not Flores so hope for tomorrow.
Cheers Darryl. Wish you were here, really!