Tuesday 10 January 2023

Bulgaria Project Winter Work Update

I sometimes hate the winter.  It's a good time to catch up with data entry and report writing etc but I do miss the daily excitement of not knowing what you're going to see today. There tends to be little mystery in the winter, the answer is, for birds, usually exactly the same thing that arrived in November (unless there is a bit of hard weather) and for moths its about one of a small handful of species that fly this time of year. I promised myself years ago to migrate south with the birds to the tropics in the winter and I started doing that but since the boys have arrived it's not so easy.  

Anyway, seasonal affective disorder aside  I have been getting through various bits like the Azores rare bird reports, processing rarity submissions with the PRC,  Ebird data entry and also trying to get more names on the moth species from the Bulgaria project. Now on 100 species of moths and butterfly for the site HERE. The Ebird list is now on 140 HERE

The I-Naturalist Bulgaria project HERE

Luckily I get to escape for a bit next week as I have to go to Malta on a business trip. Considering what's happened at the Old Vic with the passing away of Bryan, the Malta project (and all the other investments we started in order to save up for farm/nature project) could now be an inconvenience (aka burden) as we will probably have to move out the Old Vic much sooner. So as usual, I make plans and the universe wipes its arse with them and sends me off somewhere else. One of the main advantages about drifting around this planet for 50 years is, thanks to experience, it comes as little shock as you watch your latest hopes and dreams flushing down the pan. Anyway I trust 'The Process' rather than my own tiny brain to make the best decisions so all good and quite exciting really to wonder where we are going to get washed up next. 

No comments: