Monday 19 March 2018

The Beast 2- Just when the Sand Martins thought it was safe

I must admit to submitting to another day of muppetry today and instead of hitting Farmoor or some other water body for a displaced Kitty or Little Gull I took the family to Millet's Farm for soft play, a visit to the Lamas and hog roast. I did check the ponds there for a storm blown waif but overall my crimes against the cause were justifiably rewarded with seeing sweet FA during the return of the Beast. (I have actually got a secret mission to find a rarity at one of these family day out places).

 I did venture around Worminghall for an hour or two yesterday and had Golden Plovers flying over the Old Vic and winter thrushes in the horse paddock. Also had Golden Plovers over the M40 on the way back from the gig. 

 Fieldfare in the paddock 
 Common Buzzard over Worminghall
 Redwings in the paddock 
 Robin in the paddock 
 Rook at Millet's farm, also a few winter thrushes there and 3 Gadwall on the duck pond 
The Old Vic in the snow

No comments: