Wednesday 7 June 2017

Carshalton and Wallington Parliamentary Candidates 2017 pledges and statements for Beddington Farmlands (Unofficial)

THE GREENS 
SHASHA KHAN
'I pledge to do everything possible to ensure agreements that Sutton Council and Viridor have given in regards to the restoration plan are honoured. As the individual that took Sutton Council to the High Court I have seen first hand how Beddington Farmlands has been neglected. I agree with David Lindo, the BBC's 'Urban Birder' who described the site as the "Sleeping Giant of London's Natural History World". Having been on two tours of the site I know exactly what he means'

 THE TORIES
MATTHEW MAXWELL-SCOTT

'I am passionate about the Wandle and it's environs. I was a director of the Wandle Valley Regional Park Development Board. Beware any MP who says they can work miracles, they can influence and cajole but what they're in a very good position to do is help bring people together. If I have experts like the Beddington Farm Bird Group around the best I can do is support you. In particular case of the Beddington area I'm seriously worried about the way it is being treated. The area has a lot of charm and loads of very nice residents. The authorities said that when the landfill was full we'd get a huge landscaped park and nature reserve. Instead we got a whacking great incinerator! '

LIBERAL DEMOCRATS
TOM BRAKE 

A slow response from Tom. Eventually he made a statement SEE HERE

LABOUR
EMINA IBRAHIM

'The situation at Beddington Farmlands is just awful' 

THE INDEPENDENTS AND UNDERGROUND  

 Nick Mattey 'I pledge total destruction of the Lib Dems ' 
 Ashley Dickinson, the Christian People's Alliance - we forgot to ask him 
The Dark Minstrel 'I pledge to harness the cosmic disturbance over the skies of Beddington Farmlands, to climb the ladder of chaos through the Capitalist's Apocalypse from where I will witness the new dawn and victory for Nature and People at Beddington Farmlands  ' 

No comments: