Wednesday 27 February 2019

The Surrey Black-throated Diver

I really don't do a lot of twitching but I really should as it such an enjoyable thing to do. I've been meaning to go and pay homage to the juvenile Black-throated Diver at Holmethorpe for a while. Yesterday I got an email from Gordon Hay (Holmethorpe Stalwart) encouraging me to go soon because it can't hang around much longer- so this evening I did. A Surrey tick for me putting me on 242 for Surrey and in 8th position in the top 10 Surrey Listers HERE.  It was a particularly amazing evening to watch it on mirror like waters as the sun was setting on this incredible February Heat Wave. 




 Juvenile Black-throated Diver (above) 
Male Shoveler - the light was amazing this evening 
 Holmethorpe (above and below)- the first time I've really had a good look round. A really nice little area. 


 Redwings trying to keep cool today in Beddington Park 
 A couple more moths for the year last night with Small Quaker (above ) and Diurnea fagella (below). Also 10 Common Quakers last night, Early Grey, March Moth and Agonopterix alstromeriania. 

No comments: