Tuesday 16 April 2013

Malta weekend

Eleanora's Falcons 
Mediterranean migrants
 
Had a family wedding over the weekend in Malta. Meet up with my uncles and cousins who are Maltese hunters. Interesting to catch up on the latest developments in the controversial Maltese hunting culture and interesting to hear their side of the story in this clash of tradition with modern environmentalism. My cousin Litzio commented that it's a bit like parents fighting over their children with a real danger of the children getting hurt in the process. I think there is certainly some truth in that and my personal point of view on the matter is to achieve a sustainable culture and that has probably more or as much to do with habitat conservation and maintaining healthy populations of migrants in Northern Europe as it does in managing hunting in Southern Europe. 
Very intersting to have a look through my family's  historical personal collections.

No comments: