Sunday 21 October 2012

Back to Reality

Marsh harrier being mobbed by Corvids 
Male Pheasant in the obs garden 
Lapwing on the move
 

Back to reality and in good tradition I managed to break my new camera (7D) on the Azores- this time on the way home. So the pretty poor photos above are with my old Canon 400D.
First thing to greet me on my return to the obs was a male Pheasant at the feeder. An obs garden tick.
Today I woke to north easterlies and overcast so my hope for a relaxing Sunday was dashed. It was a good day too. Migrant totals (on the deck and over) were: 2 Ring Ouzel (one in the ringing area and one over to irrigation bridge), 1 Marsh Harrier, 10 Golden Plover south, 1 Brambling N, 45 Lapwing (30 over and 15 on deck), 70+ Redpoll (including 40+ along path), 10+ Reed Bunting, 5 Meadow Pipit, 10+ Redwing south, 2 Song Thrush south, 100+ Pied Wagtail on enclosed beds and south east corner, 3 Skylark, 100+ Linnet on mound, 30+ Goldfinch, 5 Greenfinch, 15+ Chaffinch, 2-3 Goldcrest and 1 Chiffchaff.
A pretty good welcome home.

No comments: