Wednesday 30 March 2011

Red Kite Alert



I was working from the obs when Roger called to say a Red Kite (pic 2) was circling to the NE. Well I couldn't see it at first and soon released the bird was SE from where I was quickly learning that directions are pretty limited when people are standing north and south of each other. Anyway I managed to get on to it - so thanks Roger for the call. Also a Sand Martin from the obs.

Had a walk round this evening looking for Wheatear. This Mipit (pic 1) on the mound was obliging but not a lot else. I had 8-9 Green Sandpipers yesterday but only 4 tonight. About 10 Snipe on 100 acre. 1 female Wigeon on the Southern Lake. A Redshank also on 100 acre. About 20 Teal remaining, 15-20 Shoveler, 6 Gadwall and 4-5 Shelduck.

Sparrowhawks (2-3 birds) were displaying again today.

No comments: