Thursday 24 March 2011

Spring unfolding at Beddington



Nice weather today but the closest thing I could get to a summer migrant was a female Blackcap (pic 1) and a couple of Chiffchaffs. I also had 2 Water Pipits on 100 acre, about 30 Teal still, 4 Green Sandpiper, 6 Fieldfare, 1 Buzzard ( pic 3 and another two from the window yesterday) and nice to see the passerines amongst the Blackthorn flowers (pic 2 with Blue Tit) .
Oh yes- I almost forgot I had 2 Waxwings on Stanley Park Road, Carshalton this morning- there were also about 25 nearby a couple of weeks ago that I saw while out working that I totally forgot to tell anyone about- Waxwings are such dirt birds nowadays :-)

2 comments:

Sam Woods said...

Excellent photo of Blue Tit, a bird I really want to photograph when I next get back on UK soil. Love the flowers with one of England's most beautiful birds, great composition. Forget the rarities that one works for me!

Peter Alfrey said...

Its the species that started it all for you if I remember the story right?
Nice1 Sam.