Tuesday 30 January 2024

Cuttlebrook

I'm getting quite into this new little local patch. Had another patch tick this morning- Peregrine. Ebird list HERE. Other highlights included 3 Chiffchaff and Stonechat. Cuttlebrook Ebird hotspot now on 75 species HERE. One of the Great Egrets was out on Shabbington Meadows with six Little Egrets this morning when we went out to drop Jacob off.  

The evenings are a bit milder now and had the best moth night of the year last night with 4 species- Angle Shades, Early Moth, Clouded Drab and Pale Brindled Beauty.

I finished my objection letter to the council in response to their plan to build all over this lovely little area. Objection letter HERE

LETTER OF OBJECTION

PLEASE LOG YOUR OBJECTION HERE


Chiffchaff- a bit drab looking with yellow tones confined to the wing so along the tristis lines but I didn't hear it call and prefer my tristis to look more like this HERE
Female Stonechat
Peregrine patch tick. 
Nice to get an out of season Angle Shades to re-appreciate what a stunning moth this is 
Clouded Drab
Pale Brindled Beauty 
Thame Meadows Estate SUDS- I'm keeping my eye on this little hotspot 
Several hectares of this habitat made of  scrub, rough grassland and ruderal is what we will loose if the planning application is approved. This hosts a wintering population of House Sparrows (10 is my highest count so far) and other wintering birds and as a habitat type in the planning system is erroneously undervalued as proven by Knepp and other re-wilding projects, The attitude that this common habitat only supports common species is no longer a valid argument as these habitats are no longer common and common species are no longer common either.  My planning application objection HERE. Please log your objection HERE

No comments: