Friday 28 April 2023

Bulgaria Spring 2023 Day Two

The strong north east wind is still blowing so I wasn't expecting too much today but even a slow day on the Black Sea Flyway is an excellent day. 'Live' Ebird trip report here. 116 species today, not bad for a day list. 

I checked the moth trap first thing (nothing apart from 3 Muslin moths) and then headed to Cape Kaliakra where I met Dimiter and his group. After lunch at Shabla I did Shabla Tusla and Shabla Lakes before teaming up with a bird group who took me to a new site, the Shabla Pump Station which was an excellent little spot.

Highlight of the day was a couple of Little Crakes at the Pump House,  a Bulgaria tick. 

Adult male Pied Wheatear
First-summer male Pied Wheatear
Female Pied Wheatear
Hobby
Pied Flycatcher
Wood Sandpiper
Squacco Heron
Jay
Female (above) and male (below) Little Crake

No comments: