Monday 24 September 2018

Farmoor

Another defeat today, failing to find a Great Skua, Gannet or Grey Phalarope at Farmoor.  A few bits and had a good walk with Jacob. A new Grey Phal at Staines today too, so literally the target birds are falling around me but no connection yet. 

If things get desperate this autumn I'll have to fall back on claiming that I found some Spoonbills. Yesterday Roger found the flock but could only count 11. When I went round the edge I counted another 7 and Roger didn't see them. Then when they flew up the two Steve's counted another one to make 19. So if we need to really scrape the bottom of the barrel I can claim I've found 7 Spoonbills this autumn so far. 

Juvenile Arctic Terns (above and below, two different birds) 

Juvenile Ringed Plover 
 Juvenile/first-winter Dunlin (above and below, two different birds) 

 Yellow Wagtail- rather flava looking 
Pied Wagtail- rather nominate looking too 

No comments: