Friday 15 July 2011

BLACK KITE in the bloody garden!



Just got a call from Johnny to check out a Kite flying over the lake. I couldn't see it at first as I scanned high overhead but then noticed something big and black right outside the window. Needless to say I almost fell out of the window but managed to come round and got a few record shots with an old camera cursing that my 7D and big lens was at the bottom of the Atlantic instead of where it should have been!
A first for Beddington and now following on from Common Crane last year the 2nd first for Beddington from the obs.

Johnny's Glory Story here:
http://surreybirding.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Factor said...

Obs rules!

Graham James said...

And to think that I didn't bother to go out this morning. It could have been a Holmethorpe first as well!

Nick Tanner said...

I've seen zillions of Black Kites in Europe but for me a British BK is as good as it gets, window tick as well?, envious doesn't even begin to describe it

regards Nick Tanner

Lee Dingain said...

You jammy b******!!!!! A dream sighting if ever there was one!

Mark James Pearson said...

back of the proverbial, and then some..... I'm thinking of moving to Beddington when we get home ;)

Peter Alfrey said...

Cheers all.
Yes move to Beddington (infact everyone!)- build the biggest nature reserve in London, take over the flats over looking the lake, grow our own food and declare independence!! :-)

DH Painter said...

Wow, that is truly awesome. A magnificent sighting and great that you got a photo!

DH Painter said...

I just had a look out of my window...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/picture/2010/aug/14/eyewitness-india-black-kite-birds

... but I'd take one British black kite over those any day.