We set off on our journey north today, heading to the Cairngorms in the Scottish Highlands. Our first stop was planned to be Worcester to visit my sister Angela and family. When I put the route into the sat nav I noticed it took us right past the Long-tailed Shrike site so after a bit of bribery we stopped off there. With three impatient travel companions I didn't have long but luckily the bird was obliging. My 14th Long-tailed Shrike this year after a trip to Thailand earlier on in the year but my first for the Western Palearctic so pleased that I finally got to see it after a lot of proscrastination.
I've packed the Lepiled and Heath trap for our trip but had the traps out last night for another attempt at trying to catch an Eastern Bordered Straw- again no luck on filling that 700 slot for the garden moth list but a nice couple of Striped Hawkmoths again.
If all goes to plan we should get as far as Stirling by tomorrow evening. Taking a nice slow stroll up there and back.
First-summer Long-tailed Shrike. Eastleach Martin, Gloucestershire/Oxfordshire border
Striped Hawkmoths
No comments:
Post a Comment