Wednesday 16 January 2019

Glaucous again

Drove to North Kent today with the plan to work my way back checking various spots but when I arrived at South Swale LNR I realised I'd forgotten my bins! (First time ever). So drove back and did Beddington instead. The 2nd-winter Glauc was still present. 


 2nd-winter Glaucous Gull 
 Presumed hybrid Pochard x Tufted Duck. The bill pattern is pretty striking and from my experience of other Pochard x Tufted Ducks it's quite unusual (almost Ring-necked Duck like)
 Had this set of moths in last night's relative mild conditions. Satellite, Early Moth, Small Brindled Beauty and Chestnut (cheers Steve for id- thought it might be a Dark Chestnut but the rounded wing-tip is diagnostic of Chestnut) - also below 

Another one of the Small Brindled Beauty 

No comments: