Sunday 11 October 2015

A day in the city- Azores Style


 Ponta Delgada, capital of Sao Miguel island. Without a car and no room in Gerby's van I decided to while away the day in the city
 First stop was Antonio Borges park
 The Fig tree always amazes
 Plenty of local birds including Blackcaps
 Greenfinch- not an easy Azores bird
 'Azores Woodpigeon' 
Had this fly sp- will be a new one for my Azores pan species list
An absolute must for anyone working on their Azores frying-pan species list (cheers Dom!)- Limpets 

 This was a new one for my frying-pan species list- Bonito
 In the afternoon I joined Ocean Colors for a Pelagic
 We had 10+ Common Dolphins and a few Bottlenose Dolphins (above)
 Also a male Sperm Whale
 Great Shearwaters (above) and Cory's Shearwaters
 Loggerhead Turtles
 and this!!!!!!!!
 this!!! Not a bulwers. I thought I saw a wing-bar. In the sun and distant. Something interesting.
Got back at dusk

2 comments:

Benoit said...

The fly looks like Stomorhina lunata.

Peter Alfrey said...

Thanks Benoit. Sounds good, I thought it might be a hoverfly but didn't look right.