Wednesday 30 December 2020

Final Minutes of Play 2020 Patch Tick

I thought it was all over for 2020 but yesterday evening Zach Pannifer found a Yellow-browed Warbler at Beddington Farmlands. I've was in town as been catching up with work so popped over at first light this morning. However the bird did not show so I returned this evening and luckily the bird was very vocal around dusk and we glimpsed it several times too. My last Beddington Farmlands lifer was in 2018, this puts me on 224 for the site. 

After the warbler we went into the park to clock the Little Owls that have been showing regularly. We had one calling bird and glimpsed one or two individuals.


The first documentation of a Yellow-browed Warbler at Beddington Farmlands followings 2 previous records where birds were neither sound recorded or photographed. Hopefully this bird hangs around and we get some photographs. 

No comments: