Tuesday 1 August 2023

Gran Canaria Moths

Unfortunately I could only trap on the resort balcony so the moth trapping was very limited. All species caught in photos below. Will add identifications as soon as I can but overall a tough catch with lots of gelechia and ephestia. 


Agdistis sp
Maybe Long-legged China Mark? 
A Dark Mottled Willow variant? 
Knot-horn sp
Dark Mottled Willow 
Looks like Yellow-underwing Pearl, Uresphita gilvata?

Another Knot-horn sp
Double-striped Pug?
Presumably a Gelechid? 
Gelechid? 

Blastobasis sp? Maybe rebeli? (above and below) 

Grass Webworm I presume
Another Gelechid
Ephestia sp? (above and below) 

Gelechid? 

2 comments:

Ken Noble said...

12th one looks like gold triangle (Hypsopigia costalis) to me.

Peter Alfrey said...

Hi Ken, I can't see gold triangle listed for the Canary Islands - not in the pyralids anyway which I think Gold Triangle is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lepidoptera_of_the_Canary_Islands