Pages

Friday, 11 September 2026

Super September

After jamming in about 50 hours work this week I took today off to do an all-dayer locally. It was almost a perfect day with comfortable weather and light and birds everywhere, with lots of good photo opportunities. 92 species HERE in Pagham Harbour alone is a personal day record with highlights including 2 cracking juvenile Little Stints on Ferry, an Osprey, 3 Spotted Redshank, a Ruff flying around the harbour, 3 late Little Terns, 2 Redstarts, 4 Spotted Flycatchers, 3 Whinchat, 7 Wheatear and good numbers of wildfowl. A group of 6 Raven going over was unusual.

After lunch with Holly at Runcton, I then went over for the high tide at Snowhill where additional species included 6 Golden Plover, 2 Stonechat and also another Ruff. 

It was then back to Pagham Harbour. I had done North Wall and East Side in the morning so went over to Church Norton for the evening.



Juv Little Stints on Ferry
Two juv and one adult Spotted Redshank
Got the shot I was after, Redstart on the St Wilfrid's Church gravestones (above and below)

Chiffchaff with Blue Tits 
Spotted Flycatcher 
Wheatear
Whitethroat
Whinchat
Osprey with catch 
Juv Ruff
Little Terns
Juv Ringed Plover on Ferry 
Red Underwing (above) and Mullein Wave (below) have been recent moth trap highlights 

No comments:

Post a Comment